Thursday, February 10, 2011

what this is, and what it ain't

I hate being censored. I hate being shut down. I hate it especially when there is a good reason for publishing an account of how a small group of people in a community like Kanehsatake can abuse their positions and get away with it. I hate it when they make it difficult for that account to be read by others in the community - not because ti's wrong. Not because it didn't happen. But because they don't want anybody to read it. Maybe even ask questions of their own afterward.

Yep. That pisses me off.

Somebody gets fired in a most brutal way.  There are people who cheer.  There are others who don't.  The reason I wrote about that was because IF this bunch could violate one person's rights, then they could do it to anyone else's too.

The so-called board of directors violated my rights as well.  They took over a board - the board for the Health Center - by stacking it with themselves. Why? Not because the Center was being mismanaged. Policies were followed. Budgets were maintained.

Some people might not like the style of management - but that's is not a firing offence.  That's the point.  There was no legal justification for taking over the board - my board - and refusing to hold a public meeting of the community membership so that we members could control our own Health Center.

They took away my right to be represented on that board.

They took away my right to complain about the board and its actions.

And they threatened me with legal action for saying so.

Bastards. Gutless bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment